This Scheme provides a service to help the elderly and those living in East Staffordshire who are unable to use public transport to make those essential journeys.
Volunteer drivers, using their own cars, offer a door to door service and will wait up to 90 minutes for the return journey.
The scheme can be used for the following:
- Hospital, doctors or dentist appointments.
- Hospital patient visiting.
- Social visits.
- Collection of prescriptions.
- Shopping trips.
The following fees apply:
- Fees in line with recommended passenger fare table; or 45p per mile plus 5p per additional passenger.
- Escorts travel free of charge.
- Service users can also join the scheme for a £5.00 annual membership.
- Additional fees may apply, i.e., parking fees, toll fees, admin charge of £1.00 (to cover telephone calls).
Contact: East Staffordshire Voluntary Car Scheme e: email@example.com